Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, January 30, 2006

When one cant afford to be picky...

So, I've been offered a trial shift at a bar in Oxford tonight. I responded to an ad, went in for an interview and it all looks promising, except for a few concerns:
- it's not live in, and since I am virtually broke, that would mean imposing on my friend's hospitality for at least another two weeks
- the owner is scary! I mean friendly enough, but strikes me as a bit of a football yob, who could seriously lose his cool at any moment
- I have to give two weeks notice to quit, which means I cant accept any better offers that may come along
What to do? I'm terrified to turn down a job, because it's not like I am inundated with offers over here. I also feel, however, that it's pretty bleak here already, without a job and boss to hate. Do I really want to run the risk of making life shittier?
Am I over thinking this, and being a bit of a princess?
Let me know what you think.

P.S. Tash: don't be "snarky" about my English. I am perfectly capable of punctuating a sentence when it matters. :)

No comments: